This week Google announced they will not longer be charging for their Photoshop plug-ins titled the Nik Collection. The plugins are a fantastic way to process your images quickly with great results.
During our workshops, we always demonstrate some of our favorite post-processing tools, and NIK is always at the top of the list.
The following list will give you a quick insight to the great collection of tools that are now free:
- The Color Efex Pro plug-in has tons of tools to help you get the look you are trying to achieve with your images. My favorite tools in here are Brilliance/Warmth, Detail Extractor, Polarization and Tonal Contrast.
- If you enjoy black and whites, you must try Silver Efex Pro. This tool is made especially for the Black and White enthusiast providing a different look and feel of your images to scroll through.
- HDR Efex Pro is a tool to help blend images that exceed the dynamic range of the camera. By using HDR (High Dynamic Range) you can blend a bracket of different exposures to capture detail in the shadows and highlights that are not possible with a single image.
- Sharpener Pro is a great way to apply the proper amount of sharping prior to printing so you get that tack sharp image, with out the over-sharpened look.
- Other tools in the package are Analog Efex Pro, Viveza and Dfine.
You can download the plug-ins from google at: