ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER & RELEASE OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
I agree to each and all of the following in connection with my participation in the photography workshop conducted by AMS Enterprises, LLC dba Shetzers Photography, herein after referred to as Shetzers Photography.
1) I am a healthy adult, voluntarily participating in this photography outing workshop and I assume all risks of illness, injury, death, damage and/or loss to myself or my property that might result.
2) On behalf of myself and my personal representatives, heirs, executors, administrators, agents and assigns, I hereby release and discharge in advance Shetzers Photography (and its owners, employees, instructors, agents, representatives and assigns) from any and all liability, even if that liability arises out of negligence and/or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
3) My assumption of risk, waiver and release of liability, including negligence, encompasses, but is not limited to: death, bodily injury, illness, damage, theft and/or loss of personal property during said tour/workshop which occurs as a result of anything during the entire tour/workshop. The following are some, but not all, of the possibilities: a) traversing uneven ground, with or without photographic/video equipment in order to access off-road sites; b) natural hazards, such as, but not limited to, steep cliffs, ice, snow, rivers, streams, hazardous footing, busy roadways, dimly lit building interiors and exteriors, and/or poison oak; c) transportation to and from locations; d) negligent instruction and/or supervision by any of the persons involved in the tour/workshop on behalf of Shetzers Photography.
4) I certify that I have read the Physical Requirement section of the photography workshop that I am registering for, and am of physical condition to achieve these requirements. I do not knowingly have any physical or other conditions of disability that would create a risk for Shetzers Photography or other trip participants and I agree to inform Shetzers Photography in writing if changes in my health occur any time prior to the workshop.
5)I grant to Shetzers Photography the permission to use images taken by Shetzers Photography, the perpetual and irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish video and/or photographs of me, or where I may be included for trip reports and web use for product advertising and such other business purpose in any manner and medium.
6) Participants agree not to directly or indirectly compete with Shetzers Photography workshops or tour locations for a period of five years from the date of this workshop without written consent from Shetzers Photography. Participants agree to not use site information on his or her own behalf for any monetary gain or disclose the information to any third party for commercial purposes. This non-compete/nondisclosure agreement shall extend for a radius of 20 miles from site locations and shall be in full force and effect for five years from the date of this tour.
In the event of an emergency, I authorize Shetzers Photography and its owners, employees, instructors, agents, representatives and assigns to secure from any licensed hospital, physician, and/or medical personnel any treatment deemed necessary for me or my minor child’s/ward’s immediate care and agree that I will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services rendered.
We recommend trip insurance purchased from a third-party operator to protect your travel investment against medical emergencies, attendee trip cancellations, travel delays, and emergency evacuation coverage. All tour cancellations must be submitted in writing and will result in loss of deposit. Full tour fees are non-refundable if cancelled within 90 days prior to start of trip, or if detailed differently in the workshop description (ie. Grizzly Bear Photo Workshop).
Full tour payments must be completed 90 days prior to the start of the tour or if detailed in the workshop details (ie. Grizzly Bear Photo Workshop), and are paid by check or bank transfer.
I have carefully read this Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release of Liability, Including Negligence. I am aware that both predictable and unpredictable risks are involved during the classes, workshops, tours and field outings conducted on behalf of Shetzers Photography. I hereby agree to assume all of those risks and to release and hold harmless all of the persons or entities mentioned above who through negligence or carelessness would otherwise be liable to me or to my heirs or assigns for damages, or to my minor child or to my child’s heirs or assigns.